Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eye problem

I went for a nap around 3plus today. When i woke up, suddenly I saw a dark shadow and discovered that it is with my left eye. When I see words it become twisted/crooked. So I suspect it is the same problem as my right eye which has occurred last year.

I am very upset as I knew I can't go for any eye treatment now when i am pregnant and as the National eye centre is closed (they are closed on weekends) so i can't get any doctor advice too. So i went on to read some website articles and realise that pregnancy can cause the retina to be weaker, also cause the eye ball shape to change (and thus vision may be altered during this period of time). In addition, it seems that the chemical that is used to treat my right eye (last year treatment) can't be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Which means most likely i may not be able to breastfeed as I have intended. This is very upsetting to me.

I was so worried that i cannot sleep well that night and lay awake until midnight. M and I decided to book an urgent appointment with my eye doctor at National eye centre on Monday.

No comments: