Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another scare

Since last friday I noticed that bb seems to move lesser than usual. Even at his regular "kickboxing" time he has not been moving. I dunno is it because I have recently scolded him for waking me up in the middle of the night thats why he move so little.

Dr Wong did say that as bb is bigger so maybe less space to move around. She say got move 10 times or so shd be fine. I didn't count how many times bb move over the last few days, but i noted a significant decrease in the strength of bb kicks and also lesser kicks.

At first i tot is ok as long as bb move can liao. Over the weekend I went to Jeff Chang concert and he got move a little, but still less movements than usual. Then yesterday also not much movement despite me and hb keep poking and play with him. Then yest nite, he kick me few times during sleep. So i am really confused.

I guess i better go see gynae to have a peace of mind. I make an emergency appt in afternoon but likely to wait for more than 1 hr as afternoon fully booked.

So tired. Whole nite me and hb worried so didn't sleep well.

Scan at gynae clinic showed that baby is moving. However as the umbilical cord is near the baby neck, gynae suggested we go up to 4th floor for detailed scan to check the blood flow. As I am last min slot in (no appt), the detailed scan sect inform tat we have to wait around 45mins. So i go back to clinic and do a CGT test to monitor baby heartbeat for 45mins.

After tat, i went back to the detailed scan sect and do a detailed scan. Detailed scan indicate that the umbilical cord is just around my bb neck but not tight and blood flow is ok. Though it is a bit worrying but seems ok. CGT heartbeat test also indicate heartbeat normal.

Gynae told me to monitor baby movements everyday, though she say normally monitoring movements start from 32 weeks. Gynae also said if baby is found to be destress, have to immediately hospitalise and C-sect liao. I hear liao v worried, then realise i haven't even packed my hospital bag and stuff!.. Anyway the whole checkup at both places took 2 hours. I went back to clinic at 5pm. I am now 29 weeks. When gynae said if anyting wrong will need to c-sect, give me a scare lor. But all the nurses are v helpful and not much queue at TMC today. Even if so, all these tests took around 2 hrs liao.

We spent $48 for the emergency appt with my gynae, $155 for the scan test at TMC 4th floor, $50 for the CGT test at my gynae clinic.

Baby give us a scare today, guess i dare not scold him liao.. also must pack my hospital bag soon just in case. phew.

That nite i tok to bb and told him mummy like him to kick but when i am sleeping, i can't sleep if he is kicking me. bb seems to understand wat me and hb are toking to him.

After that incident, I have monitored bb movements for few weeks and all seems to be back to normal. bb also respond to us. phew.

No comments: