Monday, April 21, 2008

Third trimester woes

Difficulty to walk



With the increased weight, i really walk slow coach.. and clumsy now. In addition, when baby head is down, he pressed on my bottom and whenever i walk, he will pressed on and my bottom feel so painful.



In addition, it is so hard to balance well as baby weight cause me tendency to lean forward, then I try to shift more backwards, and this act always cause me trouble and like want to topple. Sometimes i also feel my feet like want to topple and give way as the weight pressed on.



Later i gotten a maternity belt (Brand: Emma Jane)from mum & babes, cost around $30. It help to support my tummy weight and I find it much easier to walk with the belt. But the belt is not comfortable when i am sitting and also, some forummer told me that during her prenatal class, instructor said maternity belt can reduce the growth of baby and tummy, so i dare not wear the belt when i am at office sitting down. Thus usually i wear to work and remove it, then wear it back again when i am knocking off. I also didn't dare to wear it too tightly.

Because of the difficulty to walk, I am back to everyday taking taxi in the morning when getting to work. I will took MRT train to marina bay then back again to AMK when i go back to home from office.

I find that it is no point saving the taxi fare if really very tired. The problem with Mrt is not the 20-30mins standing (for my case lah). the problem is squeezing with so many people and poor ventilation, plus many people squeeze in and out w/o bothering and knocking me.. then got to watch out for them etc etc. a lot of energy need to spend to watch out for such things. Then i hate it when i go out at raffles mrt, it is so crowded that i have difficulty going out on escalator and walking through the underpass to my office.



Tireness come back



Yes the tireness come back, but mainly due to very poor sleep in the night. I have to wake up almost once or twice per night due to no reason, or due to urge to urinate, or due to baby kicking me, or due to rashes attack, or due to the sudden heat i feel from my baby. The end result is i am very tired in office but yet my boss does not understand and keep pressing me to perform well. sigh.



Rashes attack!



Due to pregnancy, i gotten rashes at my tummy at the last month of pregnancy (gynae said it is normal) but it is driving me crazy with the itchness and i am unable to treat it well because effective creams contain steriods and can cause harm to baby. I can only apply calamine lotion (can be purchase off shelve from any pharmacy) to reduce the itchness but it does not cure. I understand from colleagues that this is common and will disappear after giving birth. Luckily I only gotten it at last month of pregnancy as my colleagues who gotten it, some of them got it quite early and have to bear with it for a longer period.



Strange hormones and moodiness



Somehow, uncontrollable moodiness can overcome my mood at times and especially with the new changes and worries. 1st trimester i have ored feel uncontrollable hormones causing bad temper but this has change to moodiness since 2nd trimester but it has become worst in 3rd trimester such that i always quarrel with mum and feel like life is boring. Especially when i can't do my hobbies such as shopping, play pool, exercise. The tireness means i can't walk long during shopping trips, and the big figure means i can't buy nice slim clothes and thus no more shopping therapy.



My lunch mates do not understand, i think it is because they are single/dun have kids before and do not understand. One lunch mate even feedback that her mood get affected by my complaints and moodiness and she was hesitant to eat with me at times due to this reason. I was upset by her comment but can understand why she do not understand this as she haven't got preggy yet. So i didn't want to comment much also. Also i find it hard to communicate now that my stage of life seems different from them.



This uncontrollable hormones also caused frequent quarrels between me and mum. Of course we usually also quarrel before pregnancy but not as frequent. Mum misunderstand and thought that i dislike her now.. I managed to talk more to her recently and let her understand that those quarrels are mainly due to uncontrollable hormones and stress on pregnancy and coming baby. Sometimes the quarrels and in addition work stress caused by boss lead to severe braxton hicks contractions and pain/difficulty to breathe. I have to rest at bed or take some MC at home to rest and relieve from stress.



Boss keep throwing work to me to do.. I tink v sian, i do so much work then dunno worth or not, like putting my body to risk. Then my colleague J still preach and tell me tat i shd present my proposal better etc etc, when i am the one who help her to do tat bec' she said she is too busy and overburden with work. In the end i told J i can't cope with any more work because of the recent contractions which are caused by stress. So she also stopped giving me more work, but boss still continue to plague me! sigh wat to do.



Luckily M is supportive and listen to my woes often and making me thinking that i am not a freak after hearing my lunch mate's comment! Having a supportive husband is very important during pregnancy. I will try to be more optimistic and to "fight" this uncontrollable moodiness so as to avoid post-natal blues (known to be very common). I hope it will disappear soon after giving birth.

Fingers joint pain


Around middle of april, My fingers start to swell due to water retention and i have removed my wedding ring and swot to smaller fingers. M see me so pain ask me to remove the rings. After i remove the rings, the fingers swell improved but doesn't improved much as time goes by. As time goes by I have problem holding things and doing simple chores such as using staples in work (i have to use both hands to staple documents) and I can't hold plastic bags (fingers will slip as can't be close), often will feel pain at finger joints when doing daily tasks.

It is so irritating and painful and i have to ask M to massage for me at night if not it will worsen as days go by. After massage it will still come back but not as bad as not massage.

1 comment:

Health Care System said...

Very nice and interesting blog.Weight loss is common issue during thirdtrimester of pregnancy, most of the womens get many fears during pregnancy I too have third trimester of pregnancy i got best suggestions from this site.