Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The discovery!

We don't have any concrete plans for pregnancy since our wedding, but we kinda of decide to have a "honeymoon period" of 6months to 1 year.

For me and my hubby (hereby call him M), we sort of plan to have a baby (bb)next year cos we are not young (me is 29 years old this year coming to 30 soon). It is actually me who still reluctant to give up my freedom n Er ren shi jie (couple life) more than M. I remember I was still debating to him on the issue at the time of conception. Another thing is also financially I dun tink we are fully prepared yet bec' we are still paying off loans and debts frm our wedding last year and house renovation etc. This baby news came around the time when we are celebrating our 1st year customary anniversary.

Because I dun have a fixed date for my period, it is kind of hard to plan pregnancy and to know whether I am pregnant or not.
1 week after and still no signs of period, I told M that likely I am pregnant. M thought that I am joking because every month I will say the same thing. During that month I felt that my tummy is always having "gases" but nothing odd other than that.

So I went to buy a pregnancy kit. There are so many brands, I thought the most expensive is more accurate, so I bought the one that cost $13++. The following morning I checked using the kit and was surprised that the indicator showed "pregnant" very prominently, so clear! I told M and we are both excited and yet dubious about the kit. So that night after work, we went to local clinic to check again. They ask me to use a pregnancy kit, which is cheaper than the one I bought, apparently only $5. The doctor said yes, confirm pregnant, and recommend that we quickly see a gynae soon. Later after my colleague knew, she said there isn't a need to see a doctor to check because any kit will tell the results, if tested on a kit and is positive, there is no need to see a normal doctor to test again.

We decided to go for Thomson Medical Centre as it is nearer to our house. I told M I will prefer a female gynae. So the following day, M searched the internet reviews and told me that there is a popular female gynae which some local artistics like Zoey Tay visited, he will try to book her.

Unfortunetly, he is unable to get an appointment with the clinic throughout the whole day, despite leaving a voice mail. Our conclusion is that the clinic is too busy, so we may as well give up since a too busy gynae may not have the time to attend to us.

The next day, I searched the motherhood forum and happen to see a few good comments on another female gynae, Dr Jocelyn Wong of ACJ Clinic. So I told M why don't he try to book Dr Wong instead. M called the clinic and is unable to get them too, so he decided to email (we saw an email address on the website of Thomson Medical). Very soon the clinic called up M and we managed to book an appointment!

No comments: